Salesforce Commerce Cloud – engage your customers in new ways
Once known as Demandware, Salesforce Commerce Cloud is one of Salesforce’s newest acquisition and a cloud-based SaaS e-commerce platform that brings together various key features with one thing in common: to transform customer experience across channels. It provides a rich set of capabilities and configurations to engage and convert shoppers across digital channels.
With Commerce Cloud, retailers will be able to better control all information and content available for products or services and enable them to customize or extend commerce anywhere efficiently. One of the most impressive feature is that you will be able to connect your customers with the most appropriate product to match their needs at the right time to maximize conversion rates.
According to Salesforce.com, Commerce Cloud can support both Android and Apple Pay for mobile web, allowing its customers to offer buyers the ability to make secure and private payments.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud solutions & available features
To create a better shopping experience, the platform comes with two stand-alone commerce solutions:
- Commerce Cloud Digital – a solution that provides a complete set of features such as marketing, merchandising, content, promotions, customer service, fulfilment, and predictive intelligence, as mentioned on Salesforce.com;
- Commerce Cloud Store – a store operations solution with two main benefits: to offer a unique store experience for its customers and increase point-of-sale innovation, all these with real-time mobile insights;
The new version of Commerce Cloud also incorporates some artificial intelligence capabilities through its Commerce Cloud Einstein edition. Read more here.
However, it has been noticed a preference towards a configuration that includes combined features from both of the above solutions, especially designed to deliver a unified, end-to-end experience for all its customers.
The available features that unify the purchasing process (from shopping to orders fulfilment and post-sale services) can be classified into three categories:
- Experience features that allow you to handle products, pricing, and promotions better so you can engage with your customers more efficient by “controlling” your content;
- Operations features that connect orders fulfilment and other functions by extending them across all channels;
- Intelligence features that will allow you to be a step closer to become more data-driven with business insights and customer personalization;
Key benefits: faster time to value, innovation, supportive community and shared revenue model
As all the other Salesforce platforms, Commerce Cloud platform is constantly evolving its features and functionalities to tightly stay in touch with the fast evolving e-commerce sector so that you always have up-to-date services. It is perfect for executives responsible for growing the business through digital channels, and not only.
Photo source: www.pixabay.com