Salesforce myTrailhead Customizes Learning to Make It Fun
myTrailhead, one of the 5 customization tools announced by Marc Benioff himself at Dreamforce 2017, is the natural evolution of Trailhead, Salesforce’s gamified, online learning platform. Since it’s estimated that the Salesforce economy will include over 3.3 million jobs by 2022, it’s clear that there needs to be a major focus on learning. myTrailhead has been developed so that the Trailhead Community, which already has 4 million badges and 15 million completed challenges under its belt, can grow at a pace that every member is comfortable with. Much like Salesforce’s platforms need to be customized to match the needs of each company, the learning experience has to be tailored, as well.
What Is myTrailhead and Who Is It For?
To counteract old corporate learning techniques that can’t really keep with the ever-changing technologies and skills needing to be learned, Salesforce created a continuous learning platform that’s easy to customize.
myTrailhead is not a Learning Management System, but can complement the LMS platforms of your company quite easily. The functionality of the platform is meant to be expanded after launch, but initially it will mainly come in handy for:
- Sales Reps using Sales Cloud
- Service Agents using Service Cloud
- New employees needing onboarding
Tired of the old approach, which most likely included FAQs, slide decks and static manuals? Then it’s time to look into what myTrailhead can offer!
What Sets Trailhead and myTrailhead Apart?
Launched in 2014, Trailhead was meant to to be a free online, gamified learning platform that would revolutionize the culture of learning for any company using Salesforce.
While still having Trailhead at its core, MyTrailhead offers companies the ability to personalize the learning environment with their own content and branding elements. On top of that, myTrailhead would enable employees to quickly gain skills that are specific exclusively to their employer.
Learning with myTrailhead Is Customizable and Fun
If Trailhead managed to make learning fun, myTrailhead manages to make corporate learning fun by combining several new features with some old ones that got revamped.
- Trail Maker is a setup tool that facilitates companies to brand their private learning content in just a few clicks. Developing new content or customizing existing Trailhead content using Trail Maker will facilitate employee enablement and customer service onboarding.
- Trailhead Profile provides an overview of the skills and expertise of every employee, including badges earned, skills learned and Trailhead points accumulated. Here’s where the gamification elements of myTrailhead become apparent, as ranks and rewards will motivate employees to learn more and to advance in their careers. These elements will also come in handy when HR managers have to determine whether an employee is qualified for a certain role or task.
- Trail Mixer complements the Trail Maker tool by enabling companies to use trails, modules, superbadges and projects to create personalized learning paths. Salesforce is fully aware that different roles have different learning needs, and this is exactly why the Trail Mixer was created and then integrated into myTrailhead. For examples, sales reps should know how to log opportunities and tasks, how to create reports and to have a clear view of the sales cycle at all times. With the Trail Mixer at hand, all the targeted employees will have everything they need to perform at their best.
- Trail Tracker completes the ranks and rewards outlined by the Trailhead Profile with interactive hands-on challenges and quizzes that are designed the assess the skills of the employees. Using Trail Tracker, superiors can assess and provide feedback for an individual’s performance in real-time, right in the myTrailhead platform.
- Trail Checker is Salesforce’s sign of acknowledgment that teams require continuous motivation and managers require ways to create and track learning assignments. Milestones reached by earning badges are outlined on leaderboards that help differentiate multiple employees competing for the same role.
Salesforce enables anyone interested in the myTrailhead platform and its components to receive alerts by subscribing here.
How Long Will You Have to Wait for myTrailhead?
If you are anxious to see how myTrailhead could revolutionize the learning culture of your company, then you should know that it isn’t currently available to the general public. myTrailhead is scheduled for launch in the second half of 2018. As for the languages it will support at launch, there are English, French, German, Japanese, Mexican Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese, with more to be added at a later point. Pricing is yet another detail that will be disclosed at launch.
Would you like to learn more about how myTrailhead could help your employees skill-up in this fast-paced world? Get in touch with us to discuss how this Salesforce solution could be configured and deployed to match your company’s needs perfectly!